You are watching: How to make sims 4 run faster on laptop
Try this fixes:
You may not shot them all; merely work native the peak down till you discover the one the does the trick.
Fix 1 – inspect the minimum demands for The Sims 4
It’s not surprising to bump into the lagging worry if your computer system is underpowered to play The Sims 4. Prior to we jump into more complicated steps, let’s examine the game’s minimum demands first.
Here’re the minimum specs for The Sims 4:
|Operating System||Windows 7 (SP1), windows 8, home windows 8.1, or home windows 10|
|Processor||1.8 GHz Intel core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent|
|RAM||At the very least 4 GB RAM|
|HDD||At least 15 GB of cost-free space|
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA GeForce 6600, ATI Radeon X1300, Intel GMA X4500|
If you’re no sure just how to inspect your computer specs, follow the measures below. If you’re clear around your computer specs and confirmed it’s good enough to operation The Sims 4, girlfriend can straight proceed come Fix 2.
1) On your keyboard, push the Window logo design key and also R at the same time to open the run box. Then, type dxdiag and click OK.
2) Check the information around your Operating System, Processor, and also Memory.
3) Click the Display tab, and also check your graphics card’s information.
Now you recognize whether you have actually the right gear for the game. If not, you’ll have to upgrade your computer or play the video game on an additional computer. If yes, the lagging worry may be caused by miscellaneous else, and you can head in the direction of the fixes below.
Fix 2 – Close other background applications
When there’re lot of applications running in the background and also they consume too lot resource, The Sims 4 will start to lag. Therefore, it’s recommended that you nearby all various other background applications prior to you pat the game.
1) Right-click any empty location on the taskbar and also click Task Manager.
2) Right-click the resource-consuming applications and click End task.
Don’t end any type of programs you’re unfamiliar with, together they may be critical for the functioning of her computer.
Play The Sims 4 and also see if the lagging worry goes away. If not, revolve to the next solution.
Fix 3 – upgrade your graphic driver
Graphics map driver problem a lot to your gaming performance. If you have awesome graphic card however the graphics driver is incompatible, faulty or outdated, you will run into consistent lagging in Sims 4. And updating the graphics driver could really well tackle the issue. You deserve to do this manually or automatically.
Option 1 – Download and install the driver manually
Graphics map manufacturers store updating drivers. To gain them, you can go to your websites:
You have to find and download the appropriate graphics driver matching with your details flavor of Windows variation (for example, windows 32 bit). Then, double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen indict to install the driver manually.
Option 2 – automatically update her graphics driver
If friend don’t have the time, patience or computer an abilities to upgrade the graphic driver manually, you deserve to do it immediately with Driver Easy.
Driver easy will immediately recognize your system and also find the correct vehicle drivers for it. Friend don’t should know exactly what mechanism your computer system is running, you don’t must risk downloading and also installing the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry around making a mistake when installing.
You can update her drivers immediately with one of two people the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. But with the Pro version that takes simply 2 clicks:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) run Driver Easy and also click the Scan Now button. Driver simple will climate scan her computer and detect any type of problem drivers.
3) Click theUpdatebutton alongside a flagged graphicsdriver to immediately download the correct variation of this driver, then you deserve to manually download it (you deserve to do this v the FREE version).
Or click Update All to immediately download and also install the correct version of all the motorists that are missing or the end of date on your system (this requires the Pro version, which come with complete support and also a 30-day money ago guarantee).
Check how The Sims 4 works v the update graphics driver. The video game runs a many better, or quiet lags badly? If the latter, please check out the next fix below.
Fix 4 – Verify the verity of video game files
Corrupted game record is recognized to it is in the key culprit the gaming issues and also may also cause her Sims 4 to lag, but you can easily get that repaired by utilizing the integrated tool of your gaming platforms.
If you’re top top Steam
1) open up Steam. Then, click the Library tab.
2) Right-click The Sims 4 in the video game list, and click Properties.
3) Click the Local files tab, and click Verify verity of game files.
After the process completes, relaunch the Sims 4 and see if the lagging trouble persists. If yes, move on come Fix 5 then.
If you’re ~ above Origin
1) beginning Origin and also click My video game Library in the left pane.
2) Right-click The Sims 4 and click Repair.
Wait because that the process to complete. Then, relaunch your game to check if this an approach works. If girlfriend still check out the lagging problem, there’re a few more fixes to try.
Fix 5 – lower the in-game graphics settings
A high or ultra graphics setting could placed stress off your device and an outcome in the lagging issue. To boost the game’s performance, shot lowering your setup in the Sims 4.
1) beginning The Sims 4. Then, click the <…> icon top top the peak right edge to enter the menu.
2) Click Game Options.
3) choose the Graphics tab. Then, under the screen section, adjust the display kind to Windowed.
4) Navigate to the graphics section listed below and set graphics quality to Low or Medium. Then, click Apply Changes.
Check whether the concern is resolved or not. If The Sims 4 is still laggy, girlfriend can proceed to the following fix below.
Fix 6 – beginning The Sims 4 32-bit
The Sims 4 is easily accessible in both 32-bit and also 64-bit versions, and you should pick one that works best for your computer. Because that example, if your ram is less than 4GB, it’s far better to operation the 32-bit version. Otherwise, the lagging difficulty may arise. To switch to 32 bit, select your platform: Steam or Origin, and also follow the measures here.
If you’re play on Steam
1) Launch heavy steam and click the Library tab.
2) Right-click The Sims 4 indigenous the video game list, and click Properties.
3) Click Set launch options.
4) type -force32 in the field, and also click OK.
Launch The Sims 4 again and also check if your concern is solved. If not, head in the direction of Fix 7.
If you’re play on Origin
1) open up Origin and also click My game Library in the left pane.
2) Right-click The Sims 4 and also click Game Properties.
3) Click the Advanced start Options tab. Then, pick The Sims 4 32 bit native the drop-down menu under once launching this game, and also click Save.
Open The Sims 4 and also check whether this deal with does the trick. If the video game still plot up, try the next method.
Fix 7 – Reset the Sims 4 folder
Resetting the Sims 4 folder works prefer a charm for plenty of players plagued by the lagging issue. If you’ve attempted every the solutions over with no result, be certain to offer this deal with a try.
1) On your keyboard, push the Windows logo design key and also E in ~ the very same time to open the record Explorer.
2) Navigate come Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.
3) open up the Mods folder, and also copy all the files.
4) go to her desktop, right-click ~ above any cost-free space and also click New > Folder. Then, you deserve to rename it together mods back-up or anything else you like.
5) open up the brand-new folder and also Paste your mods folder.
6) repetitive the steps over to ago up your papers in the saves folder and also tray folder.
7) Go back to the Documents > Electronic Arts, and also then delete The Sims 4 folder.
8) beginning The Sims 4, and also a brand-new Sims 4 folder will certainly be created. Then, departure the game.
9) Copy all the records in your back-up folders respectively and also paste them ago to the matching places in the Sims 4 folder.
Check if the video game runs properly now.
See more: How Many Yards Are In A Mile ? How Many Yards In A Mile
Hopefully you have the right to now gain The Sims 4 there is no lags anymore. If you have any kind of questions or suggestions, feel complimentary to share them in the comment area below.