Have you ever thought around how the choice of words once greeting set the mood because that the whole conversation? Hello. Howdy. What’s up. Yo. Aloha. Salute.
You are watching: How do you say hi in russian
do you feel the difference in between how these words impact the instances they’re supplied in? The same concept is true for the Russian language. There room a lot of of different greeting words in there and you should shot to understand and imagine every case in i beg your pardon they could be used. The said, here are part Russian greetings for beginners.
1. Russian Greetings for Beginners
There room two basic ways come say “Hello” in Russian.Здравствуйте (zdravstvuyte) — This is a formal Russian greeting because that “Hello.” If girlfriend ask a local: “How do you say ‘Hello’ in Russian?” hell teach friend this word. Usage it when you satisfy elder people, civilization you have actually a great respect for, and people you have the intentionally to become buddies with.Another variation of this Russian greeting is Здравствуй (zdravstvuy)—“Hello.” don’t confuse it through the ahead one. This is a much less formal greeting and also is usually addressed to younger human being or civilization of the same age, who space not nearby friends. For example, a teacher could use it come greet a new student in the class.Привет (privet)—“Hi” in Russian. If friend ask a local: “How do you say ‘Hi’ in Russian?” he’ll most absolutely tell girlfriend this greeting. This is the most common Russian informal greeting. It’s good to usage in every not blocked situation.
2. Formal Hello in RussianДоброе утро (dobroe utro)—this is basically how come say “Good morning” in Russian. If friend ask a local: “How perform you speak ‘Good morning’ in Russian?” there is no a doubt, hell tell you this translation. It could be used both in formal and also informal situations—just as it can be in English. Доброе (dobroe) way “Kind,” so this is type of like wishing a human to have “a kind morning.” yet the definition is still comparable to the English greeting.Добрый день (dobryy den`)—“Good day” or “Good afternoon” in Russian translation. This greeting is used greatly in formal situations.Добрый вечер (dobryy vecher)—“Good evening” in Russian. This greeting is likewise used mostly in official situations.
3. Not blocked “Hi” in RussianПриветик (privetik); приветики (privetiki)—“Hello” in Russian not blocked language. This greetings are formed from the simple Привет (privet)—“Hi” and are supplied by girls as soon as trying to it is in cute. Men rarely usage them, yet when they perform they typical to flirt.Здорово (zdorovo); здарова (zdarova); здаров (zdarov); здоров (zdorov); даров (darov)—“Hi.” This popular and also cool method to greet in Russian is usually supplied by millennials. You need to already be an excellent friends through the human being to speak it. Дратути (dratuti)—“Hi.” This is an initial greeting that comes from Internet memes and also chats. This is usually offered by computer system geeks.
1- phrasal Informal Greetings
О, какие люди! (O, kakie lyudi!)—“Oh, that’s you!” This phrase is just how Russians greet as soon as they unexpectedly fulfill one or several friends/family members.Сколько лет, сколько зим! (Skol`ko let, skol`ko zim)—“Long time, no see.” Literally, it method “How countless winters, how numerous summers (we haven’t viewed each other)” and is offered when friend haven’t viewed a human for a really lengthy time.Здравия желаю! (Zdraviya zhelayu!)—“Hello” in Russian formal military style.С приездом! (S priezdom!)—“Welcome!” It’s offered when the person just arrived somewhere. С прилётом! (S prilyotom!)—“Welcome!” This one is used when the human being just come somewhere by plane.
2- Greetings from other LanguagesАллоха (Allokha)—“Aloha.” This is the original means to greet provided by modern-day millennials and also young bloggers.Салют (Salyut)—“Salute.” This is one more original means to to speak “Hi.”Хэллоу (Khellou)—“Hello.” the usually provided by people who know English and shot to look modern and original. There room a lot of other greetings that were taken indigenous the English language and mean the same:Хай (Khay)—“Hi” in Russian. Хей (Khey)—“Hey” in Russian. So, if she wondering how to say “Hey” in Russian, the price is easy—Хей (Khey).Хэлло (Khello)—“Hello” in Russian. Хаюшки (Khayushki)—cute form of “Hi” in Russian. Йоу (You) —“Yo” in Russian.
3- Russian Greeting Slang Words and also Interesting Greetings for advanced Learners
4. Following Questions
Wanna know just how to say “How are you?” in Russian? all these questions may follow the not blocked greeting, and most of them—except one—have this meaning.Как дела? (Kak dela?)—“How space you doing?” in Russian. This is the most typical question to begin a conversation. This is offered by everyone.Как ты? (Kak ty?)—“How are you?” This one is another, more personal way to asking Как дела? (Kak dela?). Как оно? (Kak ono?)—“How is it? exactly how are you doing?” This Russian greeting is very popular nowadays, especially among millennials.Как жизнь? (Kak zhizn`?)—“How is your life?” Essentially, this way the same as Как дела? (Kak dela?) but is offered less regularly by enlarge people.Как жизнь молодая? (Kak zhizn` molodaya?)—“How is her young life going?” This is provided by older people to the younger generation as soon as they haven’t seen each various other for a long time.Рад тебя видеть (Rad tebya videt`)—“Glad to check out you.” This is just one of the much more popular Russian greetings between friends, and also is commonly used to address an excellent friends.Как поживаешь? (Kak pozhivayesh’?)—“How space you doing?” This is usually used by older people and also mostly in letters and emails.Что нового? (Shto novogo?)—“What’s new?” This method the same as Как дела? (Kak dela?) however is less general. Ask the if you desire to understand what new things occurred with the person during the time you were apart.Что новенького? (Shto noven`kogo?)—“What’s new?” This is a cuter way of speak Что нового? (Chto novogo?).Какие новости? (Kakie novosti?)—“What is the news?” This way the same as Как дела? (Kak dela?) however is supplied to greet an ext distant friends.Чем занимаешься? (Chem zanimaesh’sya?)—“What are you doing?” in Russian. For the very same meaning, you can also use Что делаешь? (Chto delayesh’?).
So, if you wanna say: “Hello. Exactly how are you?” in Russian, you can say: Привет. Как ты? (Privet. Kak ty?).
5. Fun Exercise: check Yourself and Choose the best Greeting
Read a dialogue between two people and choose a greeting that fits.
1. Лена: _______ Что делаешь вечером? Го гулять. (Lena: ______ Chto delaesh’ vecherom? go gulyat’.)Антон: Сорян, занят. Давай завтра? (Anton: Soryan, zanyat. Davay zavtra?)Лена: Ок. Спишемся тогда. (Lena: Ok. Spishemsya togda.)
Choose the right answer:1. Физкульт-привет!2. С приездом!3. Здаров.4. Здравствуйте.
Lena: “_______ any kind of plans because that the evening? Let’s have actually a walk.”Anton: “Sorry, busy. Tomorrow?”Lena: “Sure. Let’s acquire in touch later then.”
2. Вадим: Здравствуйте. К сожалению, не успеваю выслать дизайн сайта на просмотр сегодня. Если вышлю завтра утром – будет нормально? (Vadim: Zdravstvuyte. K sozhaleniyu, ne uspevayu vyslat` dizayn sayta segodnya. Yesli vyshlyu zavtra utrom – budet normal`no?)Толя: ________. Да, хорошо. Буду ждать (Tolya: ________. Da, khorosho. Budu zhdat`.)Вадим: Благодарю. (Vadim: Blagodaryu.)
Choose the right answer:1. Мир вам.2. Добрый день.
See more: What Stage Of The Business Cycle Would Be Most Appropriate To Describe The Years From 1929 To 1933?
3. Приветики.4. Дратути.
Vadim: “Hello. Unfortunately, ns can’t send you the website design today. Will tomorrow morning it is in okay?”Tolya: “________. Sure. Will certainly be wait for it.”Vadim: “Thank you.”
So, now you deserve to say “Hi. How are you?” in Russian in many different ways and are able to pick a ideal greeting according to the situation. Nothing hesitate to use few of the uncommon greetings that we described above while you learning. Yet in any important situation, just stick come the most constant ones—Привет (Privet) and also Здравствуйте (Zdravstvuyte).
Official “Hello” in Russian English spelling can be tricky, as the Russian letter в (v) is quiet, so check Здравствуйте (Zdravstvuyte) several times prior to sending that to your Russian partner or colleague.
Keep reading rebab.net and also learn interesting Russian words and also expressions the you deserve to start using best away. For example, learn exactly how to speak “Good night” in Russian or exactly how to speak “Goodbye” in Russian translate into in our next articles!
For now, save practicing these Russian greetings and introductions so the you can be a agree in no time! we hope this Russian greeting overview has helped you to find out all about Russian greetings. Best of luck through your continued learning!